Definition of stiff-mud process
: a brickmaking process in which a stiff mixture of water and clay is extruded in a continuous column through a die and individual bricks are cut by wires from the column as it emerges — compare soft-mud process
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game