stick byphrasal verb
stuck by; sticking by; sticks by
Definition of stick by
: to continue to support or be loyal to (someone or something) The troops stuck by their general to the end. I promised to support you and I'll stick by my promise.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game