stib·anil·ic acid | \ ˈstibə¦nilik-\
Definition of stibanilic acid
: an unstable acid NH2C6H4SbO(OH)2 containing antimony that is analogous to arsanilic acid and is used in making organic antimonial drugs; para-amino-benzene-stibonic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game