stereo·comparator | \ "+\
Definition of stereocomparator
: a stereoscope used in making topographic measurements by the accurate comparison of stereoscopic photographs taken with an instrument having very great distance between the objectives or used in astronomy to detect small motions and brightness changes by stereoscopic examination of two photographs of the same celestial area taken at different times
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game