ster·cu·lic acid | \ (ˈ)stər¦kyülik-\
Definition of sterculic acid
: a crystalline unsaturated fatty acid C8H17(C3H2)(CH2)7COOH found as a glyceride in the seeds of a tropical tree (Sterculia foetida); 2-octyl-1-cyclo-propene-octanoic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game