Definition of stegodon
1 capitalized : a genus of primitive Asiatic Pliocene and Pleistocene mammals that have molar teeth with relatively broad enamel ridges and but little cement and thus are intermediate between elephants and mastodons
2 or stegodont \ -nt \ plural -s [stegodont from New Latin Stegodont-, Stegodon] : an animal or fossil of the genus Stegodon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game