Definition of steel oneself
: to make (oneself) ready for something difficult or unpleasant : to fill (oneself) with determination and courage Steel yourself—I have bad news. He steeled himself for the interview.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game