Definition of steam railroad
1 : a railroad for steam locomotives
2 : a railroad required to make reports in accordance with a uniform system of accounts for railroad companies prescribed by the U.S. Interstate Commerce Commission
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game