Definition of statutory declaration
1 English law : a solemn declaration in lieu of an affidavit by a person conscientiously unable to take an oath
2 English law : a voluntary declaration by any person in an affirmation of documents (such as written instruments or proofs of debts)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?