statement of affairs
Definition of statement of affairs
: a statement for a financially embarrassed enterprise showing assets at book and realizable values and claims of creditors classified as preferred, secured, partly secured, and unsecured for the purpose of indicating probable amounts available to creditors in case of liquidation
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?