Definition of starry rockfish
: a rather small rockfish (Sebastodes constellatus) of the southern California and Lower California coast that is chiefly yellow to red above sprinkled with pale dots and fading to yellowish or pinkish white below
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game