Definition of stannous chloride
: a compound SnCl2 obtained by the action of chlorine, hydrogen chloride or hydrochloric acid on tin either as an anhydrous solid or a crystalline dihydrate and used chiefly in tinning and as a reducing agent and catalyst
— called also tin dichloride— see tin crystals
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game