variants: or stair stepper
Definition of stair-stepper
: an exercise apparatus that simulates the act of climbing stairs : stair-climber Whether you walk, run, bike, or use the elliptical trainer or stair-stepper, try this formula for introducing intervals into your routine. — Food & Fitness Advisor To get in shape, Abbey works out five times a week on a stair stepper that she can lean on, as opposed to a treadmill …— Sharon Cotliar
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game