stack the odds in favor of (someone)idiom
Definition of stack the odds in favor of (someone)
: to make it more likely for someone to win, succeed, etc. There are things you can do to stack the odds in favor of your candidate.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game