sta·chys | \ ˈstākə̇s\
Definition of stachys
1 capitalized : a large and widely distributed genus of herbs (family Labiatae) having five nearly equal calyx teeth, divergent anther cells, and rounded nutlets — see hedge nettle
2 plural -es : any plant of the genus Stachys
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game