squil·​gee ˈskwē- How to pronounce squilgee (audio)

less common variant of squeegee

: a blade of leather or rubber set on a handle and used for spreading, pushing, or wiping liquid material on, across, or off a surface (such as a window)
also : a smaller similar device or a small rubber roller with handle used by a photographer or lithographer

Dictionary Entries Near squilgee

Cite this Entry

“Squilgee.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/squilgee. Accessed 4 Dec. 2023.

Love words? Need even more definitions?

Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!