squeeze outphrasal verb
squeezed out; squeezing out; squeezes out
Definition of squeeze out
: to force (someone or something) out of a position, place, etc. Big stores have squeezed out a lot of the smaller locally owned shops.
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game