squeeze outphrasal verb
squeezed out; squeezing out; squeezes out
Definition of squeeze out
: to force (someone or something) out of a position, place, etc. Big stores have squeezed out a lot of the smaller locally owned shops.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game