spring-cleaned; spring-cleaning; spring-cleans
Definition of spring-clean
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to clean (a place) thoroughly in the spring It's time to spring-clean the house and air out the place.
Definition of spring-clean (Entry 2 of 2)
: a thorough cleaning done in the spring It's time to give the house a spring-clean.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game