Definition of spring tooth
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a flat coiled steel tooth (as on a cultivating or weeding machine) that digs deeply but springs backward on striking an obstruction
Definition of springtooth (Entry 2 of 2)
: to cultivate with a spring-tooth implement
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game