Definition of spring hook
1 : a hook with a spring snap in its end to prevent accidental unhooking
— called also snap hook
2 : a supplementary fishhook that springs down and secures a fish that takes the baited barbed hook
— called also snap hook, spear hook
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?