Definition of spring heel
1 : a heel formed by bending the outsole over a thickness of leather between the sole and the upper at the heel
2 : a low broad heel with wedge-shaped line at the breast that continues from the bottom of the heel to the surface of the sole at the shank
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?