Definition of split run
: a run (as of a newspaper or magazine) in which something (such as an illustration or the wording of an advertisement) is changed part way through the run while remaining in the same position in the issue (as for testing the relative effectiveness of the two pieces of copy)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game