splash across/overphrasal verb
splashed across/over; splashing across/over; splashes across/over
Definition of splash across/over
: to put (something, such as a photograph or news headline) in a place or position where it will be easily seen by many people The scandal was splashed across the front page. Her picture was splashed (all) over the news.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?