Definition of spit shine
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a very high gloss on a boot or shoe especially when partially obtained by the application of saliva
spit shinetransitive verb
Definition of spit shine (Entry 2 of 2)
: to apply a spit shine to (a boot or shoe)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game