Definition of spinach beet
: a beet that constitutes a variety (Beta vulgaris cicla) of the common beet, is used as an ornamental and potherb, has much-developed leaves, and lacks a fleshy root
— called also leaf beet
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?