Definition of spheroidal state
: the state of a liquid (such as water) when on being thrown on a surface of highly heated metal it gathers in flattened drops or round-edged masses that are at a temperature several degrees below ebullition and are without actual contact with the heated surface owing to a cushion of nonconducting vapor
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game