sphen·do·ne | \ ˈsfendəˌnē\
Definition of sphendone
1 : a headband worn by ancient Greek women
2 : a semicircular part or place (as at the end of an ancient Greek stadium)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game