Definition of speculative philosophy
1 : a philosophy professing to be founded upon intuitive or a priori insight and especially insight into the nature of the Absolute or Divine broadly : a philosophy of the transcendent or one lacking empirical bases
2 : theoretical as opposed to demonstrative philosophy
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game