Definition of spectral type
Note: Historically, these classes were based on the spectral lines of stars as observed by astronomers. Over time the classes were rearranged according to temperature instead of spectrum, taking them out of their former alphabetic order, but scientists kept using the term “spectral” to describe the system.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game