Definition of special property
: a property right or qualified interest in property (such as the interest of a bailee, pledgee, lawful possessor, a conditional vendee prior to full payment, or a lienholder) subordinate to the absolute, unconditional or general property or ownership
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game