Definition of special partner
: a partner who may share in the profits of a general partnership registered under law, who contributes property to the capital thereof but must not exercise control over or be active in partnership affairs, and whose liability for partnership debts providing certain rules of law are observed is limited to his capital and interest in the firm assets
— called also limited partner—distinguished from general partner
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game