Definition of special partner
: a partner who may share in the profits of a general partnership registered under law, who contributes property to the capital thereof but must not exercise control over or be active in partnership affairs, and whose liability for partnership debts providing certain rules of law are observed is limited to his capital and interest in the firm assets
— called also limited partner—distinguished from general partner
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game