speak/talk with (a) forked tongueidiom
Definition of speak/talk with (a) forked tongue
: to speak in a dishonest way that is meant to deceive people His colleagues accused him of speaking with a forked tongue.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game