speak well/poorly foridiom
Definition of speak well/poorly for
: to show that (something or someone) does or does not deserve to be praised, admired, etc. It speaks well for the company that it donates so much money to local charities. The test results speak poorly for our school system.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game