Start your free trial today and get unlimited access to America's largest dictionary, with:
- More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary
- Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes
- Advanced search features
- Ad free!
Origin and Etymology of spatchcock
Definition of spatchcock
- task of attempting to spatchcock the new evidence into an existing framework
- —Times Literary Supplement
- all the random majesty of the place appeared spatchcocked, rectified, and jumbled
- —John Cheever
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up spatchcock? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).