spare (someone) the detailsidiom
Definition of spare (someone) the details
: to not tell someone all the unpleasant or boring details about something "I drank too much last night and got sick." "Please, spare me the details."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game