spango·lite | \ ˈspaŋ(g)əˌlīt\
Definition of spangolite
: a mineral Cu6Al(SO4)(OH)12Cl.3H2O consisting of a hydrous basic sulfate and chloride of aluminum and copper in dark-green hexagonal crystals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?