Definition of space velocity
1 : the velocity of a star's motion relative to the sun as determined from its proper motion, distance, and radial velocity
— called also space motion
2 : the number of volumes of gas or liquid usually calculated to standard conditions that pass over or through one unit volume (as of a catalyst in a reaction tube) in unit time
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game