Definition of sore shin
: a disease of tobacco, cotton, and other plants beyond the seedling stage caused by any of several soil fungi (such as members of the genera Corticium and Pythium) that girdle the plant near the groundline
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?