soo·gee | \ ˈsüjē\
Definition of soogee
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to wash down (as the deck and paintwork of a ship) have his boys soogee the galley— Richard Bissell
Definition of soogee (Entry 2 of 2)
: clean rope yarns used to wash with
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?