sonic depth findernoun
Definition of sonic depth finder
: an instrument for determining the depth of a body of water or of an object below the surface by measuring the interval of time between the emission of a sound signal and the return of its echo from the bottom or the object
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?