something/anything of the kindnoun phrase
Definition of something/anything of the kind
: something like the person or thing mentioned I'd like to go to a movie or a concert, or something of the kind. —often used in negative statements He said I hung up on him, but I never did anything of the kind!This technology is completely new. I've never seen anything of the kind before.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game