Definition of solvent naphtha
: a flammable liquid distillate containing principally xylenes and higher aromatic hydrocarbons and usually boiling higher than ligroin, obtained especially from coal-tar light oils or coke-over-gas light oils or from petroleum cracking, and used chiefly as a solvent and as a raw material for coumarone-indene resins
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game