Definition of solemn form
: the form of probate of a will where the will is decreed in open court to be the last will and testament after notice to all interested persons and after hearing the testimony of the attesting witnesses
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game