soft cornnoun (1)
Definition of soft corn
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : an Indian corn (Zea mays amylacea) having kernels shaped like those of flint corn and composed almost entirely of soft starch
— called also flour corn, squaw corn
2 : a soft and watery corn whether immature or prematurely frozen as distinguished from hard dry mature corn
soft cornnoun (2)
Definition of soft corn (Entry 2 of 2)
: a usually moist white corn between two toes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?