variants: or sodium wolframate
Definition of sodium tungstate
: a tungstate of sodium especially : the normal salt Na2WO4 that commonly crystallizes with two molecules of water, is usually obtained during the extraction of tungsten from its ores, and is used chiefly in making other tungsten compounds and in fireproofing textiles
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game