variants: or sodium wolframate
Definition of sodium tungstate
: a tungstate of sodium especially : the normal salt Na2WO4 that commonly crystallizes with two molecules of water, is usually obtained during the extraction of tungsten from its ores, and is used chiefly in making other tungsten compounds and in fireproofing textiles
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game