Definition of sodium sesquicarbonate
: a crystalline acid carbonate Na2CO3.NaHCO3.2H2O or Na3H(CO3)2.2H2O that occurs in nature as trona or is made synthetically from sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate and is used chiefly as a detergent —not used systematically
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?