Definition of sodium polysulfide
: any of several yellow compounds Na2Sn containing two or more atoms of sulfur in the molecule (such as sodium tetrasulfide Na2S4) made by dissolving sulfur in an aqueous solution of sodium sulfide or sodium hydroxide and used chiefly in making polysulfide rubbers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game