Definition of sodium molybdate
: a molybdate of sodium especially : the normal salt Na2MoO4 that commonly crystallizes with two molecules of water and is used chiefly in making pigments and in chemical analysis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game