Definition of sodium light
: the yellow light of glowing sodium vapor consisting chiefly of two monochromatic portions of wavelength 5890 and 5896 angstroms corresponding respectively to the D2 and D1 Fraunhofer lines
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game