Definition of sodium dichromate
: a poisonous red deliquescent crystalline salt Na2Cr2O7 made by oxidizing sodium chromate and used in making pigments, tanning leather, dyeing, cleaning and protecting metals from corrosion, and as an oxidizing agent
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?